It’s time to talk Over The Mic.
Taking into account the recent push towards setting up my freelancing business, I’ve decided to curtail the current series of Over The Mic. There are two other reasons why I’ve decided to do this:
- Gearing up for the future. I want the series to grow – in terms of listenership and opportunities. So during this time I’ll be reflecting on the last three series, determining what went right, what went wrong, etc. That might involve greater tweaks to the format and expansion in spin-offs. One type of spin-off I’m considering is live editions of Over The Mic. Monetisation is on the cards too – it may start this series or next series (late 2017) at the earliest. So getting the foundations ready is key – which could also include a rebrand and the introduction of a brand new business model.
- Getting back to normal service. The release schedule of the last series was sporadic which in my book is not good. While lots of aspects in other areas of my life – including the day job got in the way frankly that’s not an excuse. So getting back to regular releases is a key thing for this series 4.
The next series will be the largest and most ambitious series of the podcast to date. 12 episodes are pencilled to be produced.
Development and production has already begun – with consideration towards the series’ future direction. This week I’ll be approaching potential guests and begin preparing for recording these segments.
I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. I do hope that you’ll see that this the right decision to take and when series 4 kicks off, it will be a good stream of content coming your way.
I would also like to thank you for your support to the podcast so far: through social media and listening to the show too. This support does mean a lot and encourages me to continue the series. I love producing this podcast and I hope this podcast will have a fruitful future.
In terms of the series 4 launch date – it’s not confirmed as of yet. I’m looking at mid-April at the earliest however you will be the first to know on this website and via my blog, Hansen’s Corner, once confirmed. I’ll also share more about series 4 closer to the launch date on this website and via social media.
In the meantime you can keep up to date with the podcast by:
- Liking us on Facebook
- Following us on Twitter
- Adding us to your Google Plus circles
- Subscribing to the podcast and blog via RSS
- Subscribe to my blog Hansen’s Corner via RSS
Thank you for your understanding and your support is truly and gratefully appreciated!
Presenter and producer of Over The Mic